2020 Online Summer Opera Festival July 13-24
Coach any role of your choice with our incredible staff of coaches, including Maestro Nicolas Giusti and Jeffrey Price.
In light of local, state, and national recommendations for dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, UVAA is excited to offer an affordable online training program which will include the following elements:
1. Participate in 20 hours of online master classes with guest artists: Deborah Voigt, Michael Mayes, and Rachel Willis-Sørensen.
2. Coach any preferred role online. Each singer will receive four private coachings each week with our incredible coaching staff, plus a group coaching master class on Fridays.
3. Participate daily in online acting and characterization classes with acclaimed stage director, Marc Verzatt, with special focus on the roles and characters you are studying.
4. Participate in daily group classes on various career and voice related topics taught by Dr. Isaac Hurtado and other guests.
5. Perform in two final online Galas featuring each participant as a soloist, singing repertoire from the roles they coached. The first Gala will be similar to the recent at-home MET Gala, where each singer in the program performs from their home. The second will be an online ‘Death By Aria’ competition with guest judges and a live audience vote. Deborah Voigt will be in attendance and select her favorite singer. Special awards will be provided and winners will be announced on social media.
Classes and coachings will be held during the daytime hours (Mountain Standard Time) on Monday through-Friday. Courses will be conducted via Zoom.
UVAA Online Summer Opera Festival Gala 2020
UVAA Online Death By Aria Competition
UVAA Online Summer Opera Festival: $1000 (July 13-24)
Utah Vocal Arts Academy is using Yaptracker for our applications this season. Applications are now live. The application deadline is June 1st. You do not need to be a paying subscriber to YAP Tracker to use the application form, although you will need an account (guest accounts are available; see the website for details). Registration can be completed at http://www.yaptracker.com
Applicants should prepare (2) contrasting opera arias for online submission. Youth Opera Camp applicants may submit (2) contrasting art songs or arias in any language.
Youth Opera Camp for ages 14-18: (July 6th-10, 13, 15, 20)
Update: This year's program will continue in an online format. Applications will be accepted through June 1st!
The UVAA Youth Vocal Academy is a rigorous, workshop dedicated to young singers desiring to explore the many aspects of vocal artistry. Students age 14-18 considering vocal study in college, or those who simply want to discover more in their singing are encouraged to apply.
Participants will enjoy daily online voice lessons from Dr. Isaac Hurtado and other university voice professors, daily Zoom classes on topics including vocal careers, vocal technique, vocal anatomy, language diction, and musicianship. They will also sing and participate in daily online voice master classes with university master teachers and daily acting and auditioning classes with Anthony Buck. All participants will also be given special access to observe master classes the following week with international opera stars Deborah Voigt, Michael Mayes, and Rachel Willis-Sörensen. The program will culminate in a final Zoom Recital Gala for an online audience.
Schedule: 10am-5pm, July 6-10, 2020, with additional master classes on July 13, 15 & 20
Application deadline: June 1st